Monday, December 10, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Check out pictures of my birthday at http://www.stinkerpot.com/StinkerpotNov07.html.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
- Morning Chores
- Day Chores
- Math - Pages 9-15
- History - Pages 4 - 14 (Deserts!)
- Bible - Your fabulous mum fixed your quizzes, so you need to catch up 2 quizzes + 2 lessons...READ S.L.O.W.L.Y!!!
- Science - 3 lessons on environment (bleh) and a little more if you can finish it up
- Journal entry for today: What is different between Florida and the Desert?
- Read a bit o'Harry Potter - can you finish Book 4 today?
- Update your Journal page with your latest books that you've read
- Be sweet to brothers and Miss Judy
- Call me if you have questions on your homework (no excuses!!!)
- Think of fun ways to celebrate Riley's birthday (is it only four days away???)
Get all your work finished early so you can play!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Today is your fun project day, so get your homework and chores finished early!
- Morning chores.
- Day chores.
- Be sweet to brothers and Miss Judy.
- SOS Science - Three sections.
- SOS Bible - Three sections.
- Typing - Practice!
- Writing - ONE WHOLE PAINFUL PAGE.
- Blog. Write in your journal about the swim strokes you learned this year.
- No computer games until your homework and chores are finished (just a friendly reminder).
- And now...the moment you've been waiting for...The Disney Blog Project! Details Below. Do not start this until all of the above is complete, including your journal!!!
The Disney Blog Project!
My friends and I were very close at Disney. We spent a LOT of time together, and Mason's mom was even in my wedding. Miss Sandy took care of your birthday arrangements last year. We've had a few reunions (I missed the last one because it was the week before Reagan was born). We've lost touch with a few people, but realized that some people kept in touch with some, others with others, so if some of us got together, we could know what is up with most of the old gang. I know that one of our friends got a brain tumor and died, but my friend Patti keeps in touch with his wife. There are a lot of neat people in the group.
That said, here are the directions. The site is www.407WDisney.blogspot.com. I added you as an Administrator, so you can log in from your Dashboard. I have done nothing else with it. Here are the things that need to happen:
- Add Danielle, Patti, Heather, and Sandy as Administrators. (Is there another way to let people create posts besides setting them as Administrators?) They need to be able to create posts, not just comment. I'll email you their addresses.
- Create a sidebar for a contact list of names. We'll have to think of the names.
- I'm email you two funny pictures you can use.
- Create a new template. See if you can find something not in the standard templates--maybe online? We need it to look very, very Disney-like. We definitely need Mickey clip-art and stuff. Be creative! Use those marketing genes!
- You can use the StatCounter thing if you want.
- Go to www.widgetbox.com and do a search for Disney. There are a couple, like the fine arts one, that would be great for this site.
Call me if you have questions. Have fun...I love you!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
- Morning & Day Chores
- Math pages 32-35
- History pages 34-42
- Language pages 39-44
- Check out Morgan's new blog - www.workingonafull.blogspot.com (The Cheer Chick)
- Research something interesting online.
- Write something really funny in your blog.
- Be really nice to your brothers. And do not, I repeat, do not get out any GameBoy games for them.
- Get our Sorry or Flux when I get home. Your choice.
I love you!
Monday, September 24, 2007
- Morning & Day Chores.
- Remember no games until chores and homework are finished!
- Bible & Science...to the tests, as much as you can.
- Math - 4 pages (easy peasy).
- Two pages in your writing book. SLOW and STEADY.
- Play your typing game.
- Are you ready for book club tomorrow? Which book? What to say?
- Be kind to your brothers and Miss Judy!
You can call me on my cell phone, and I should be on instant messenger during the class breaks. The class ends at 4:00, so I'll be home at 4:30. I love you!!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
2. Find a snake.
3. Scare the snake.
4. Chase the snake and hit his neck with the shovel.
5. Use the rake and shovel as if it were a broom and dust pan.
6. Put it in a lake. You did it! (For a prank, Put it in the garbage can.)
Friday, September 7, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
The Apollo 11 flight is the flight I chose for my report because it was the first time man set foot on the moon! Also, the Apollo missions were the the third in the Space Race.
The names for the crew were Neil A. Armstrong (commander), Michael Collins (CM pilot), and Edwin E. (Buzz) Aldrin Jr. (LM pilot).
It happened on July 16-24, 1969. It lasted eight days, three hours, and eighteen minutes.
Another interesting fact is that when they landed they said, "The eagle has landed." That is where the quote came from. There were no problems on the mission.
Going from Apollo 1 to Apollo 11, the Apollo is one of the best ships by me.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Monday, September 3, 2007
- Morning & Day chores
- Take out trash cans
- Journal entry about the Pioneer festival
- Practice typing program
- Finish History book
- Take History test
- Take Math test
- Organize the video games--put games in the boxes
- Be ready for swim lessons at 3:30
- Be REALLY good so we can save Language for tomorrow :)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
हे! ई गोट सोस ऎंड टुमॉरो इस अल्मोस्त फमिल्य फुं दय, ऎंड ई'म डींग हिंदी. ऎंड ई वास इन अ फोटो शूट!
Mom disclaimer here...we're NOT doing Hindi. I think Tal found a cool translator online and wanted to try it out. Oh, my!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Mom and I are making a shelf, we made a cake, and I wanted a wii. We did NO HOMEWORK!
Hey Tal...you forgot the best part! We dug out the old Atari and ordered an adapter on ebay for nine cents. :) For today you should publish your list of things you think are cool.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
--How about we made chocolate chip cookies today? And Worship Quest started last night? You could talk about the CSI theme for that. A little more DETAIL would be lovely.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Summer 2007 was interesting. It started out with Mom announcing that we were computer-free--yuck. Thankfully, that only lasted three weeks. We bought a journal and came up with ideas of things we wanted to do this summer, and we ended up finishing almost everything.
Here are some of the highlights of the summer:
- Vacation Bible School
- Extreme Kidz on Mission
- Tennis Camp - two weeks
- Learned to play Piano!
- Camping two times with Dad (really!)
- Fireworks with Dad...including a major show on July 4th
- Swim lessons--working on my strokes, the fly is my favorite
- Summer Job! I worked in Marketing for Bond Medical. I had to read Purple Cow. I learned SharePoint and entered Vendor List items.
- Finished 3rd grade and had our evaluation.
- Did a TON of science experiments all summer.
- Played with cousins and friends.
- Built a clubhouse from a box and had a blast.
- Went to Chuck E. Cheese with Dad.
- Made it to the last Series of Unfortunate Events book!
It ended quickly and we didn't get to go to Disney yet. Mom agrees that summer really isn't over until we cross off the last goal of finally setting off our volcano experiment. So maybe I will let the R's help me hide the volcano pieces!
Essay by Tal, with a little encouragement